Guwahati: A fresh case of COVID-19 has been reported from Assam, again from Dhubri district, taking the state’s tally to 30 so far, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday morning.
The latest COVID-19 patient was also connected with the Tablighi Jamaat meet at Nizamuddin Markaz in Delhi, Sarma added.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ Another person from Dhubri, connected with #TablighiJamaat meet at #NizamuddinMarkaz, has been found #COVID19 positive. The total number of #Covid patients in #Assam now stands at 30.
Update at 9.15 am / April 13.”
So far, the state has 29 cases related to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in New Delhi, and one case in Guwahati for which the source of infection is yet to be determined.
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon
- PCOD? Here’s a list of foods to add to your diet