Guwahati: The Assam government has approved the opening of IMFL ‘off’ shops, wholesale warehouses, bottling plants, distilleries & breweries with effect from April 13 “on the permitted days”, subject to compliance of strict guidelines, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
As per an order issued by the state commissioner of excise, the IMFL ‘off’/ CS ‘off’ shops shall remain open from 10 am to 5 pm on the permitted days. The licensee of such shops, wholesale warehouses, bottling plants, distilleries and breweries shall be personall responsible for deploying their staff to ensure maintaining social distancing of at least 1 metre between customers, staff, cough etiquette and strictly follow all directives issued by the National Health Mission, Assam with adherence to COVID-19 situation, the order said.
The shops may “work with bare minimum staff and provide hand sanitizers to customers and staff while handling the bottles and the cash”, the order said. To strictly avoid overcrowding, staff of a particular shop may “direct the customers to other nearby shops”.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence