Nagaland on Sunday reported its first novel coronavirus aka COVID-19 case after a man from Dimapur tested positive at the GMCH, Guwahati.
Taking to Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, ” A private hospital in Dimapur, Nagaland referred a patient to GMCH after he was found with symptoms of #COVID19. He has tested positive and is undergoing treatment.”
Later, Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom, too, took to Twitter to announce the development. “Anyone who came into contact with the person will be immediately quarantined,” he added.
With this, the total number of COVID-19 cases in Northeast India has risen to 36. While Assam has reported 29 cases, Manipur and Tripura have two each, and Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram and now Nagaland have one case each of the deadly virus so far.
However, Manipur’s first patient who tested positive for novel coronavirus — a 23-year-old girl from Imphal West — was discharged from hospital on Sunday after she was declared free of the virus.
The patient — identified as Vimi Ningombam — was undergoing treatment for novel coronavirus at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in Imphal after she was diagnosed with the deadly virus last month.
The girl, who had a travel history to London, is now fully cured from the virus, said officials. However, she will be put under home quarantine for another 14 days from the day of her discharge as a precautionary measure, stated COVID-19 Common Control Room in a release.
As per official reports, the girl will have to undergo one more test after completing her 14 days’ home quarantine to prevent any possibility of recurring of the disease.
- Mizoram’s lone dedicated COVID hospital facing severe staff shortage
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 20
- Watch: 5-yr-old ‘spider girl’ climbs up ceiling, does air-splits
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Oppo A16 with MediaTek Helio G35 SoC unveiled in India: Details here
- Babul Supriyo meets Mamata Banerjee: ‘Had a very good discussion’