New Delhi: A COVID-19 patient went berserk at a hospital in Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu after doctors attending to him refused to provide him homemade food brought by his wife.
The 27-year-old patient was admitted to the ESI hospital in Coimbatore. His wife had brought homemade biryani for him. However, the doctors reportedly refused to give it to him because of his health condition, an FIR registered in the case claimed.
Enraged by this, the man broke the glass box which was kept in the hospital to hold the fire extinguisher, the FIR said.
A case has been registered against the patient based on a complaint filed by the hospital’s resident medical officer stating that officials were not allowed to do their duty.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border