Guwahati: A Tablighi Jamaat attendee from Assam who tested positive for coronavirus on Friday reportedly committed suicide at a government hospital in Akola, Maharashtra on Saturday.
According to media reports, the Assam native was a migrant labourer from Nagaon district. He allegedly slit his throat using a blade inside the hospital’s washroom.
The deceased had come to Akola with another Tablighi Jamaat person who attended the religious congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz in New Delhi earlier in March.
The police are investigating the matter.
So far, 13 people have tested positive for the deadly virus in Akola district of Maharashtra.
- Arunachal: Highway thrills for some, potholes & accidents for others
- Snatching accused shot at while trying to flee, say Assam Police
- Ex-gratia for kin of persons committing suicide in 30 days of being COVID positive: Centre to SC
- Road scam accused surrenders before court in Arunachal
- India, UK hold talks on vaccine certification process: British envoy
- Sikkim: Former CM Pawan Chamling’s silence is creating a buzz