Guwahati: In a period of 17 days, Assam Arogya Nidhi has received donations of over Rs 89.24 crore from 40,211 people to fight against COVID-19 outbreak.
Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma took to Twitter on Saturday night to share the news. He wrote, “This is amazing!
Under Assam Arogya Nidhi we have so far received donations of over Rs 89.24 crores, and it continues to grow every day.
My gratitude to 40211 people who have contributed. It means a lot in our endeavour to tide over our worst crisis ever. We shall win.”
The deadly virus has infected 29 persons in the state, and claimed a life so far.
People from all walks of life have donated to the fund to fight the pandemic, from little kids giving their piggy bank savings, to big firms giving a handsome amount and state legislators, all have donated for the great good. Also, all donations have been made exempt of tax.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation