Agartala: In a horrific double murder case Tripura Police on Thursday arrested a 30-year-old man who stands accused of killing his wife and three-year-old daughter. The murders were reported from Madhyapara Aralia under East Agartala police station.
The arrest was made following an FIR filed by brother of the deceased woman. Speaking with reporters, East Agartala women police station officer-in-charge Mumtaz Begum, said that the complainant alleged that his sister and niece were killed by her husband and in-laws.”
The brother of the deceased also alleged that since their wedding in 2005, the husband and in-laws have continued to torture her both physically and mentally over dowry. The accused has been booked under section 498 (a), 302, 34 of Indian Penal Code.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry