Itanagar: Arunachal’s council of ministers on Friday approved an ordinance reducing salaries of chief minister, deputy chief minister, Speaker, council of ministers, deputy speaker and all MLAs by 30% for a year.
Chief minister Pema Khandu-headed cabinet decided to reduce salaries of all lawmakers of the state by 30% with effect from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, that is for the financial year 2020-21. The deducted funds will go to the state exchequer and will be used in the fight against COVID-19.
The Cabinet also reviewed the preparedness of the state to contain the spread of Coronavirus and efforts required to strengthen the infrastructure to tackle the situation. It also took stock of the existing and required medical equipment including VTMs, Rapid Testing Kids, PPEs, mask, gloves, etc, for health care and other frontline workers.
The Cabinet also discussed to develop a comprehensive strategy which will include containment along with balancing the interest of the people in Arunachal and those students and workers stranded outside due to the nationwide lockdown.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border