Guwahati: Assam government will provide financial assistance to those who have gone out of the state for cancer treatment, kidney transplant or heart surgery, and are stranded due to the lockdown, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday.
Addressing a press meet, he said that the state has launched helpline number 0361-2558955, where people can call and provide their details like name, hospital details, and an alternative number from Assam for cross verification.
Then, when the operators say, they can then WhatsApp their bank account details and IFSC or a photo of the front page of their passbook to 6901281862.
Although the exact amount has not been decided, the minister said that state will extend financial assistance after due verification.
- Taliban issue no-shave order to barbers in Afghan province
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action