Guwahati: The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) has decided not to hold the HS first year examination this year in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
So far, Assam has reported 28 positive cases for the virus. The first case from the state was reported on March 31.
Over 2,30,000 students of HS first year in approximately 1,500 AHSEC-affiliated colleges and higher secondary schools will be promoted to HS second year without examination.
The exams which were scheduled from March 25 to April 10 stand cancelled given the rapid spread of the deadly virus, and gatherings for any purpose like examinations could act as a catalyst.
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Manipur: Ima Keithel re-opens after five months, tributes paid to those lost to Covid-19