New Delhi: A case has been registered against an unknown person in Gujarat who had placed an ad to ‘sell’ the Statue of Unity in Kevadiya in Narmada district on OLX, according to media reports.
The unknown user placed the ad selling Statue of Unity for Rs 30,000 crore on OLX, an online trading platform for second-hand goods last week.
The user had claimed to sell the memorial statue to raise funds for health services and equipment to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
The original listing on OLX had later been taken down. A screenshot of the listing, posted on social media platform Reddit, has also now been taken down.
“’Emergency! Selling Statue of Unity because of urgent money required for the hospitals and healthcare equipment,” the description read in the original listing on OLX.
The 182-metre memorial statue in honour of Sardar Patel is the world’s tallest such structure and was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
The memorial’s authorities were alerted by a newspaper who ran an article on the same and later approached the police about the listing. A case of cheating and forgery has been registered against the user, who posted the listing, under IPC, Epidemic Diseases Act and Information Technology Act, as per media reports.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary