Guwahati: The Northeast Frontier (NF) Railway will be operating a parcel express train as per fixed time table on April 11 in order to ensure transportation of essential goods in small quantities in the wake of COVID-19 to parts of Assam and Tripura.
The train will start from New Guwahati /Guwahati for Agartala with stoppages at Hojai, Lumding Jn, New Haflong, Badarpur Jn,Dharmanagar and Kumarghat during its journey, a press release said.
The parcel express train will start ftrom Guwahati at 4.15 am on April 11. It will arrive at Lumding at 9 am and leave at 9.15 am. It will arrive at Badarpur at 2.30 pm and leave at 2.45 pm and will arrive at Agartala at 9.15 pm the same day. The planned duration of stoppage in all these stations will be about 15 minutes for loading and unloading of parcel packages.
Parcel booking for this train will remain open from 10 am of April 9 to 6 pm of April 10 for all interested parties. Booking of materials can be done for any of the en-route stoppages.
Interested traders / customers including government agencies/departments may contact the respective station managers for more details.
- Cops, ‘encroachers’ clash in Sipajhar: Assam govt orders judicial inquiry
- China calls for lifting sanctions on Taliban-controlled Afghanistan
- Arunachal: Highway thrills for some, potholes & accidents for others
- Snatching accused shot at while trying to flee, say Assam Police
- Ex-gratia for kin of persons committing suicide in 30 days of being COVID positive: Centre to SC
- Road scam accused surrenders before court in Arunachal