Guwahati: A 65-year-old person from Hailkandi district with travel history to Saudi Arabia has tested positive for novel coronavirus aka COVID-19, informed Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Tuesday night, taking the state’s total to 28.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ A person from Hailakandi district, with a travel history to Saudi Arabia, has ben confirmed as #COVID19 positive. The total number of #Covid patients in #Assam now stands at 28 [sic].”
This is the first case in the state where the infected person has a travel history to abroad. Up to 26 cases of the 28 reported in the state so far are related to attendees of the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi’s Nizamuddin Markaz. The source of contraction could not be determined in one case.
- No sale of Teesta Urja or any govt property: Sikkim CM Golay
- Watch: 3 youths go missing in Assam’s Tinsukia, suspected of joining ULFA (I)
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians