Guwahati: A fresh case of COVID-19 aka novel coronavirus has been reported from Assam, taking the total to 26 in the state so far. The patient from Cachar district is also related to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation held in Delhi’s Nizamuddin Markaz last month.
This was updated at 11.15 pm on Saturday (April 4) by health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Twitter.
So far, 25 of the 26 positive cases in the state have been related to the Nizamuddin Markaz event.
Meanwhile, after the first positive case of novel coronavirus was detected in Guwahati — the only one reportedly not related to the Tablighi Jamaat event, the Assam government has identified 111 contacts of the patient, Manish Tibrewal, and collected samples for all of them, minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed during a press conference in Guwahati on Saturday. The patient is now being treated at Gauhati Medical College & Hospital (GMCH).
Sarma informed that all the contacts have been directed to home quarantine and for whorever it’s not possible, they have been taken to Kalapahar IDSP quarantine centre in the city. A few of them are also in a Nagaon quarantine facility.
- Durga Puja: Why isn’t this the real one and 7 other mind-boggling facts you didn’t know about
- International Coffee Day: 5 types of coffee drinks you MUST try
- Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, messages to share during the festival
- Nagaland: Agitating teachers to continue hunger strike
- Veteran star Asha Parekh receives Dada Saheb Phalke award
- Will stay away from active politics post retirement as Meghalaya Guv: Satya Pal Malik