New Delhi: Ramayan has now become the most viewed show in the Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) segment ever since it started airing on DD National from March 28 amid the national lockdown over coronavirus pandemic.
As per a report by Monneycontrol, the episode, which aired from 9 pm on March 29, became the highest viewed in Hindi GEC segment since 2015. Fifity-one million people tuned in to watch the episode.
On the first day of airing, Episode 1 got 38 million viewers which increased to 45 million for the evening slot. The next day, viewership increased to 40 million in the morning to 51 million at night. The show received a total of 91 million views in just one day, said reports.
On an average, every episode of Ramayan has generated 42.6 million views and the four episodes in total — for which data has been released by BARC-Nielsen — have generated a whopping 6.9 billion viewing minutes.
The data adds that most of the viewers hail from urban centres and mega cities.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary