Aizawl: In an unprecedented move towards fighting the rapidly increasing novel coronavirus and to facilitate speedy dissemination of authenticated information related to the virus, the Mizoram government launched a comprehensive mobile app on Friday.
State information and communication technology (ICT) minister Robert Romawia Royte launched the ‘mCOVID-19’ mobile application in a function held at his office chamber in Aizawl on Friday.
Launching the new mobile app, Royte lauded the software engineers of the ICT department for developing such an innovative app within a short period of time.
He said that the application will help administrators, frontline health workers, volunteers of task forces at various levels and also decision-makers in providing latest information on Covid-19.
mCOVID-19 has been developed in such a way that it suits the local requirement, he said. Apart from local updates, the application contains national and worldwide updates on the deadly virus in Mizo language, Royte said.
mCOVID-19 contains latest update of coronavarius, basically on the status of Mizoram, India and the world, number of people quarantined, relief, suggestion column and authentic video related with coronavirus, among others.
The application can be downloaded from mcovid19.mizoram.gov.in.
The state government also on Friday launched helpline to address the problem of farmers during nationwide lockdown. Farmers can reach state agriculture department on phone numbers 0389- 2311160 and 0389 2328564 between 10 am and 2 pm.
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu