Shillong: The director of North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) in Shillong on Thursday submitted a protocol for transfer of critically-ill non-COVID19 patients from other states to its hospital.
NEIGRIHMS director DM Thappa said that only critically-ill non-COVID-19 patient(s) certified by the concerned state health authority can seek treatment at the hospital. The number of accompanying attendants for such patient(s) will be limited to only one, he said.
At the border, the data of ambulance, driver, etc, of such patient(s) and accompanying persons will be maintained and certified by the state health authority. Only patient as mentioned above will be accepted in NEIGRIHMS Hospital till the COVID-19 pandemic is over, Thappa said.
Anybody/attendants of patients coming from other states will need to be quarantined for 14 days as per state government directives.
So far, NEIGRIHMS is the only hospital in Meghalaya that has a testing centre for COVID-19. Thapa had earlier mentioned that so far 57 samples have been tested at NEIGRIHMS, all of which were found to be negative.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31