Kohima: The government of Nagaland on Thursday sealed the Nagaland-Assam border along Wokha district with immediate effect, in the wake of increasing positive COVID-19 cases in Assam.
An order issued by the deputy commissioner of Wokha said that in the interest of public health and safety and abundant caution taken in consideration about reports of positive cases in Assam, and to contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the district, the order was made under the Sections 2, 3 and 4 of the Epidemic diseases Act, 1897.
The order directed the sealing of all inter-state entry points of Assam except for movement of security forces and emergency medical services. It also ordered the supply of all essential commodities to be routed through Dimapur district.
Further, it warned that any violators will be booked under under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood
- Delhi man’s 21,000 KM blood donation walk reaches Nagaland