Guwahati: Four more persons have tested positive for coronavirus in Assam, taking the state’s tally to 20, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday.
Of the four patients, three of them are from Nalbaru and from South Salmara. All the new cases are also associated with Nizamuddin Markaz event.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ Four more patients have been found #Covid_19 positive. Three of these are from Nalbari, and one is from South Salmara, taking total no in Assam to 20.
All these 4 people are also associated with #NizamuddinMarkaz event.
Update at 5 pm / April 3.”
This comes a day after Sarma’s midnight announcement that 3 persons tested positive for the deadly virus from Goalpara, Assam. On Wednesday a total of 13 cases of coronavirus were detected in the state.
On March 31, Assam reported its first case of COVID-19. So far, all the cases in the state are related to the religious gathering at Nizamuddin Markaz earlier last month.
- Durga Puja: Why isn’t this the real one and 7 other mind-boggling facts you didn’t know about
- International Coffee Day: 5 types of coffee drinks you MUST try
- Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, messages to share during the festival
- Nagaland: Agitating teachers to continue hunger strike
- Veteran star Asha Parekh receives Dada Saheb Phalke award
- Will stay away from active politics post retirement as Meghalaya Guv: Satya Pal Malik