New Delhi: A CBSE notification is being widely circulated on social media stating that Class X and XII examinations will resume from April 22. The notification is fake and not issued by CBSE. It appears to be an April Fool’s Day prank as it was dated April 1, 2020.
The viral circular says that the new schedule will be uploaded on CBSE’s official website on April 3, 2020. However, PIB debunked the circular and said, “Exam dates have not yet been fixed.”
Further, a press release by CBSE said, “Date sheets for the rescheduled board examinations shall be communicated by the board through its website and press release after re-assessment of the situation.”
Another point is that the fake circular bears no signature, whereas the release issued by CBSE on Wednesday is duly signed by Anurag Tripathi, secretary, CBSE.
With regard to rescheduling board examinations for classes 10 and 12, the release said, “It is informed that at this stage it is difficult for the Board to decide and announce the new schedule for examinations.”
However, it is informed that any decision will be taken by undertaking extensive consultation with higher education authorities and by keeping all aspects related to entrance exams, admissions dates, etc. in mind. It further informed that the Board will give notice of about 10 days to all stakeholders before starting the board examinations.”
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu