New Delhi: Spain’s coronavirus death toll has climbed by 950 to more than 10,000, which is said to be the highest daily increase in COVID-19 related deaths in the world so far.
The country now has 10,003 recorded deaths and more than 110,000 infections.
Spain’s coronavirus crisis has rapidly escalated to levels seen only by Italy so far among European nations, and has passed China’s official recorded number of cases.
On Monday, Italy posted what was then thought to be the highest increase of coronavirus-related deaths, recording a rise of 919. More than 13,000 people have died in Italy in total.
It remains the second worst-affected country in terms of cases, behind the US.
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly
- Nagaland women commission chief’s ‘Good Patriarchy’ jab sparks outrage