Mechuka: Arunachal Pradesh legislative assembly Speaker Pasang D Sona along with Shi-Yomi deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and district medical officer on Wednesday visited all the circles of the district including district headquarters Tato and reviewed the region’s preparedness against the coronavirus pandemic.
Sona, who is presently stationed at Mechuka to oversee the COVID-situation in the district, also inspected the quarantine and isolation facilities at Monigong, Pidi and Tato respectively.
The Speaker, during his visit to the aforementioned areas also interacted with the health workers, supply staff and political interpreters and appealed them not to leave any stone unturned in the fight against COVID-19 which is spreading like wildfire everywhere in the globe.
“Essential commodities are available in the district. There is no need to panic,” said Sona, adding that the administration, police and health workers are on their toes
Reiterating that spreading awareness and accurate information are the only ways to prevent the virus, the Speaker appealed the denizens to strictly follow the lockdown and stay at home.
“Do not venture out, unless there in an emergency. This will help us all stay safe,” he said.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity