Itanagar: The district administration of Lohit in Arunachal Pradesh has announced 24-hour curfew in Medo area which comes under Wakro circle of the district.
This comes after a 31-year-old from Medo area tested positive on Thursday and beccame the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the state.
Curfew under Section 144 of the CrPC has been enforced from 12 pm of April 2 to 12 pm of April 3, informed Lohit deputy commissioner Prince Dhawan.
Dhawan also said that the step has been taken as a precautionary measure against the spreading of coronavirus after a person was tested positive.
Meanwhile, just after the news of the first COVID-19 positive case from Arunachal Pradesh came out, another 12 people were traced by the capital complex police on Thursday morning.
So far, the state government has tracked down 19 people who had been to the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi last month.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation