Dimapur: The commissioner of police and district magistrate of Dimapur in Nagaland has imposed Section 144 CrPC across the district from 6 am of April 1 to April 3 midnight. The decision was taken to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the Northeast region which has already seen three positive cases so far.
According to an order issued on Tuesday, the “situation has arisen which warrants for further strict movement of the public in order to ensure self-isolation and social distance in public places as ordered by the government of Nagaland.” The order further said that the police/Army/ paramilitary forces/ magistrate on duty/ doctors and medical staff on duty/ media will be exempted.
Meanwhile, the deputy commissioner of Dimapur also passed a separate order vested upon him under the Disaster Management Act, 2005. “All shops, commercial and private establishments shall remain closed,” the order said, adding that that the containment measure would remain in force from 6 am April 1 till 12:00 midnight of April 3.
The order from the DC further stated that in case of emergency, the public can contact:
1. For ambulance and medicines: 8787551751
2. DC office control room: 6009924366
3. Police control room: 7085055050
4. Medical control room: 7630877991/7630877983
- No decision on nationwide NRC yet: Govt in Lok Sabha
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for November 30
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 30
- Nagaland health dept to public: Follow Covid SOP at Hornbill
- Prime accused among 13 arrested for lynching AASU leader in Assam
- Bengal reports 511 new COVID-19 cases, 11 more deaths