Imphal: As many as 14 persons from Manipur are said to have attended the Tablighi Jamaat event at Nizamuddin Markaz of Delhi that has already claimed six lives in Telangana and several testing positive for coronavirus so far.
Of the 14 people who were traced and identified from the state, three of them are reportedly showing early symptoms and have been kept under isolation.
The remaining 11 will be screened to prevent further spread of the deady COVID-19 in the state. “In Manipur, we have identified 12 individuals who attended the Tablighi Jamaat event in Nizamuddin area of Delhi. Of these, three have shown early symptoms of COVID-19,” Rajat Sethi, a political advisor to chief minister N Biren Singh, wrote on his Twitter handle.
All these cases & their contacts have been adequately quarantined. We are trying hard to trace more people, he added.
The state government also clarified on some reports in some of the local media which claimed that 85 people from the state had attended the religious congregation in Delhi.
It was also mentioned that another 39 persons from the state, who were on the list of the people in and around Nizamuddin area during the religious meeting between March 13 and 15, are still outside the state.
The state government has advised them for self-quarantine as precautionary measures for COVID-19.
Earlier on Tuesday, CM Singh had also appealed the people in the state to get immediately tested for COVID-19 if they had attended the religious gathering in Delhi during mid-March this year.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people