New Delhi: The Union government on Monday said that there was no plan to extend the 21-day lockdown which came intro force on Tuesday midnight.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) of the Union ministry of information and broadcasting tweeted saying that Cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba has denied media reports claiming that the government will extend the lockdown.
“There are rumours & media reports, claiming that the Government will extend the #Lockdown21 when it expires. The Cabinet Secretary has denied these reports, and stated that they are baseless,” it said.
The 21-day lockdown is aimed at checking the spread of the coronavirus.
Following the lockdown, there has been a massive exodus of migrant workers from big cities to their villages after being rendered jobless.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art