Guwahati: Union minister of state for food processing industries and Assam MP from Dibrugarh Rameswari Teli on Monday pledged Rs 1 crore from the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) for prevention and control of coronavirus in the country.
He also donated his monthly salary of Rs 1 lakh to PM-CARES Fund to help fight the fatal virus.
The minister’s donations came after BJP president JP Nadda on Saturday announced that all BJP MPs will release Rs 1 crore from their annual development fund to the central relief. Also, MPs and MLAs both will donate their one-month remuneration/salary to fight the pandemic.
According to a document of the Union ministry of health and family welfare, India’s current phase of COVID-19 pandemic was “local transmission and limited community transmission”. Till date, India has reported 1071 cases of COVID-19 including 29 deaths and 99 cured persons.
- No interim relief to Abhishek Banerjee, his wife in money laundering case
- CIA officer reports Havana syndrome symptoms during India trip: Report
- Heritage Aviation to start helicopter services in Northeast
- Tripura: TMC leader Kunal Ghosh taken to hospital
- India facing new war paradigm on borders: Rahul on China’s infra ramp up
- Two pilots injured as Army chopper crash lands in J&K