ITANAGAR: Amid reports of food scarcity in a few administrative circle headquarters of Shi-Yomi district, including Monigong and Pidi in the wake of 21 days nationwide lockdown, state legislative assembly Speaker, Pasang D Sona, who represents the district, on Sunday morning rushed to his home district to take stock of the situation.
EastMojo has reported that villages in the remote Shi-Yomi district of Arunachal Pradesh, bordering China, are staring at an acute food shortage.
Food and other essential supply trucks going to the district were stopped following the nationwide lockdown resulting in food scarcity.. Also, due to unavailability of mobile network and internet facility, it become difficult to contact the concerned officers deployed in various places.
Monigong is the worst hit as the people there depend mostly on rice distributed through public distribution system (PDS) and stocks are fast depleting.
The distance from Itanagar to Monigong is around 556 km, and one has to cross the districts of East Siang, Siang and West Siang besides Assam to reach Shi-Yomi.
The Speaker who had earlier directed the district administration to initiate all necessary measures against the pandemic COVID-19, expressed deep concern over the EastMojo report. He promised to personally evaluate the ground situation.
The Speaker is also likely to review the COVID-19 preparedness along in the district.
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM