Itanagar: A fake news that seven samples in Arunachal Pradesh have tested positive created panic among the people.
This comes after a report that was aired on Sunday morning that seven samples from the state tested positive. This was shared widely. The chief minister Pema Khandu immediately took to social media to clarify that none of the samples had tested positive.
The chief minister regularly uses social media to update people on important decisions and news regarding the state. .
On Saturday, an official bulletin from the department of health and family welfare, Government of Arunachal Pradesh stated that 19 samples had been collected so far, out of which 12 were negative and results of seven were awaited.
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing
- Cops, ‘encroachers’ clash in Sipajhar: Assam govt orders judicial inquiry
- China calls for lifting sanctions on Taliban-controlled Afghanistan