Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh legislator, Nyamar Karbak has announced that he will bear all financial expenses for treatment of COVID-19 patients, if any, including those in isolation and quarantine within his assembly constituency.
Speaking to EastMojo, Karbak, who represents the 27th Liromoba assembly constituency in West Siang district of the state, said, “Being a public representative I would try and extend all possible help to my people, especially in such hour of crisis.”
“Though Arunachal Pradesh has not registered any positive case of COVID-19 so far, but there are few who have been kept in isolation in hospitals and under home quarantine. For this, you need money,” the legislator said.
He, however, cautioned that people should not take advantage of his assurance and roam around freely.
“Though I will try my best to support my people when in need, they, however, should not be negligent and always follow the health department’s recommendations and directives for their own safety,” Karbak said.
Karbak also donated a sum of Rs 2 lakh for the Kamba, Yomcha, Liromoba and Darak primary health centers for meeting the costs of personal protection equipment (PPEs). He also handed over an extra Rs 50,000 to West Siang district medical officer Dr Moli Riba for PPES required for police personnel on duty.
Aalo East legislator Kento Jini also handed over Rs 1.5 lakh to the authorities for purchase of clinical masks, sanitizers, gloves etc., and Rs 1 lakh to buy PPEs for police personnel and medical officials who are on duty.
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse
- Assam lockdown? CM Himanta allays fear, says Covid cases under control