Aizawl: Mizoram has not reported any new case of novel coronavirus since the first case was detected on Wednesday, health minister Dr R Lalthangliana said on Friday.
He said that 10 samples, including covid-infected patient’s wife and children have tested negative as their test results arrived on Friday afternoon.
The samples were sent to a testing laboratory outside the state on Thursday.
The Covid19 patient is undergoing treatment at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) near Aizawl and his condition is said to be stable.
Lalthangliana said that the state government is putting in every possible effort into fighting the deadly disease and ensure that no family faces food shortage during the 21 days nation-wide lockdown.
Meanwhile much to the relief of health workers, a consignment of medical supplies, including 10,900 sets of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other apparatus arrived on Friday.
These medical supplies, including PPE and other materials to upgrade the Intensive Care Unit of Aizawl Civil Hospital were brought to Aizawl by trucks.
The health minister also lauded the efforts of doctors and paramedics, who are on the front line in the fight against coronavirus.
He appealed to the public to refrain from ostracising health workers and instead extend help to them.
While lauding people dealing in essential services, the health minister called for a concerted effort from every citizen to contain the pandemic.
- Death and dying: how different cultures deal with grief, mourning
- PM to campaign for BJP in poll-bound Meghalaya
- Why it isn’t surprising when the pope says being gay ‘isn’t a crime’
- Space sector associations from Indo-Pacific join hands to explore new opportunities
- What effect will lunar new year have on COVID spread in China?
- US industry urges FM to simplify direct and indirect taxes in India