Ukhrul: Amid the battle against the pandemic Coronavirus, stories that can lift up spirits are emerging from various corners of the world. Four men from Ukhrul district of Manipur are doing their bit for humanity. They are helping students and daily wage labourers stranded outside Manipur following the nationwide lockdown. The team, known as WeCare are trying to provide monetary assistance and reach essential commodities to these people.
Founded by Wungchuiso Huileng after the coronavirus outbreak, WeCare aims to share the plight and hardships of people stranded or in need of help. Huileng is supported by three friends, MC Wungnaosung, L Raingam and VA Amon in this noble effort.
“Having personally experienced hardships, difficulties and sufferings, we are trying our little bit to assist those who are in these situations. It is not much but we are sharing what we have, to go through these trying times together,” Huileng said.
The WeCare team is providing aid, mostly from their own savings.
The team has distributed protective face masks to Ukhrul district police department, Seikhor village, Awungtang Kasomtang Youth Organisation and Awontang youth committee and volunteers. Apart from providing free food packages to few families in the district, the team has also reached out to students living in metro cities going through financial crisis.
Upon hearing this, people in the district have also started joining hands with WeCare to extend their service to the society.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24