Guwahati: Doordarshan is all set to make us nostalgic as classic shows like Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan, and BR Chopra’s Mahabharat is set to telecast on DD as a part of a special initiative by Prasar Bharati during the nationwide lockdown.
Other serials to make a comeback in the next few days are detective series Byomkesh Bakshi and Circus, featuring the then newcomer actor Shah Rukh Khan.
While Ramayan will be telecast twice from Saturday onward, the schedule for Circus and Byomkesh Bakshi is still being worked out. Mahabharat, Chanakya and Upanishad Ganga will be telecast on DD Bharati.
Also Read: COVID-19: Forced to Eat from Garbage
On Thursday, I&B minister Prakash Javadekar asked officials to come up with ideas that can “educate, inform and entertain” the audiences and also send across a positive vibe. “Revival of old serials on DD is part of the same strategy,” said an official.
A team of experts is busy enhancing the visual quality of Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan as it was shot in low band using digibeat tools which are now obsolete.
While 50 episodes have been recovered, the team is working on the remaining content. Meanwhile, efforts are on to get Buniyaad, Mashal and Malgudi Days scheduled for viewing in the coming days, said officials.
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali
- SC verdict has struck down word ‘Sikkimese’ as well: CAP
- Odisha minister Naba Das dies of bullet injuries: Hospital officials
- Tripura polls: BJP names Papia Datta for Agartala Assembly seat