Aizawl: As the country is in total lockdown because of COVID19, some orphanages in Mizoram are feeling the brunt of it. The condition at TNT Lunglei, an orphanage, is particularly bad as the centre has not been able to stock up on food and essential commodities. It solely depends on donations collected everyday.
The centre is home not only to orphans, but those fighting substance abuse. Vanlalrochana, SDPO of Lunglei said, “When the Centre was not in a position to procure commodities, we appealed to the people of the town to help in whatever way they can.”
Following this, people have started offering money, and food items for the welfare of the inmates. Apart from various essential commodities, an amount of over Rs 2 lakh in cash has also been received by Lunglei Police.
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Assam: Rs 116 crore approved for building mini sec. in Barak Valley
- Assam reports 365 new COVID cases, two more fatalities
- Active cases dip below 1 pc of Arunachal’s COVID-19 tally