Aizawl: The Mizoram government on Friday officially designated State Referral Hospital – Zoram Medical College (ZMC) as isolation and treatment centre for Covid-19 infected patients.
The move was taken as per the guidelines of the Central government to acquire suitable hospitals and nursing homes for isolation and treatment centres for infected patients.
Officials of Zoram Medical College said that they are vacating beds to make room for both suspected and infected patients of Covid-19.
All OPDs have been closed and existing patients are being shifted to Aizawl civil hospital and private hospitals in the state capital.
A bulletin issued by the college on Friday said that the Covid-infected patients and other suspected cases being treated at isolation wards are stable.
Currently, there are seven suspected cases and one infected patient at the medical college. Out of the seven suspected patients, four are at high risk, the bulletin said.
- No sale of Teesta Urja or any govt property: Sikkim CM Golay
- Watch: 3 youths go missing in Assam’s Tinsukia, suspected of joining ULFA (I)
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians