Diphu: In the time of crisis following the outbreak of deadly disease corona virus, Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council (KAAC), chief executive member (CEM), Tuliram Ronghang, has extended one time financial assistance to help people from Karbi Anglong who are stranded in different parts of Indian.
An amount of Rs 9.88 lakh has been sanctioned for 314 people from Karbi Anglong stranded in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
The number of beneficiaries is likely to increase in the coming days. These are mostly private sector employees who lost their jobs due to the lockdown. They have been requesting members of the autonomous council for help through social media.
The council put out an appeal to citizens to stay indoors to help prevent spread of COVID -19.
- NNPGs ‘disturbed’ after Indian intel claims arms procured from Myanmar
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Tripura sounds African swine flu alert; Kanchanpur farm is epicenter
- Associated Press interview: UN chief warns China, US to avoid Cold War
- Vice President to inaugurate Bhaichung Stadium: Sikkim CM
- COVID-19: India logs 30,256 new cases, 295 more deaths