Aizawl: Following reports of people flouting social distancing norms, Aizawl district magistrate announced indefinite curfew in the city.
Aizawl district deputy commissioner Vanlalngaihsaka said that the city-wide curfew, which came into force on Wednesday night will continue until further order.
Special arrangements would be made to deliver essential commodities to households.
The state government has established a vegetable supply chain under the supervision of agriculture department to meet local demand.
The department will transport vegetables and deliver them to consumers with the help of local COVID-18 task force. This will ensure adequate supply to families during the lockdown.
According to sources several low-income households began complaining of food shortage on Friday. These families have now been instructed to report any shortages faced to the government or the local-level task force. Government officials are also in the process of identifying such families.
The district deputy commissioner however maintained that no such reports have been received till Friday.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border