Itanagar: The two girls from Tawang who travelled in the same aircraft and sat next to 50-year-old Mizoram man, who tested positive for COVID-19 recently, tested negative.
The samples tested at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) came out negative on Friday evening.
The girls are currently under home quarantine in their hometown in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.
Both of them sat just next to the infected man on Indigo flight 6E 939 from New Delhi to Guwahati on March 16.
They were seated on 16D and 16E while the Mizoram man was seated on 16F.
As per reports, the 50-year-old man from Aizawl with recent travel history to Holland tested positive for coronavirus aka COVID-19. This is the first confirmed case in Mizoram and the second in Northeast India.
The man along with his wife and two children who travelled to Europe, have been kept at an isolation ward in Zoram Medical College (ZMC). His sample tested at the Gauhati Medical College & Hospital in Guwahati, Assam came out positive.
This was confirmed by health minister R Lalthangliana at a press meet in Aizawl on Wednesday afternoon.
The man returned from Holland with his family on March 16 and was detected on March 22. They were admitted to ZMC on Tuesday night and put into isolation ward immediately.
Officials said they are now going to disinfect his home and its surroundings. They many have also contacted all the other passengers who were on the same flight with the infected person, the minister said.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group