Guwahati: The Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) is carrying out a massive sanitisation drive across the city as a preventive measure to contain the spread of coronavirus. During its 1st phase, it is carrying out a 6-day programme.
On Thursday, under the supervision of commissioner Devajyoti Hazarika along with a team of state fire and emergency services, GMC sanitised Guwahati club, Uzan Bazar, Latasil area. GDD minister Siddhartha Bhattacharjee was also present.
Three teams were allocated the task. Team 1 covered Lamb road from Latasil field to Ambari, GNB road from Ambaru to Buda Masjid, MC road from Guwahati CLub to Barowari, MG road from Latasil point to DC Bungalow, CM residence road including CM residence, Uzan Bazar fish market area etc.
Team 2 covered Uzan Bazar market, MC road, Islam Patty Uzan Bazar, SRS Road including all bye-lanes, Kharguli road from GMC office Uzan Bazar upto Ganesh Mandir via Justice Colony, etc.
Team 3 covered GNB road from Guwahati Club up to Chandmari flyover, Silpukhuri Market and the surrounding area, Nabagrah road, Assam Tribune campus, PWD Chief Engineer Campus, Chandmari Colony Namghar and Chandmari Thana, All India Radio office, etc.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art