Aizawl: A 33-year-old woman in Mizoram was arrested for allegedly hiding her travel history, a senior police officer said on Thursday. Mizoram Inspector General of Police (headquarters) John Neihlaia said that the incident came to light recently when the woman revealed her “crime” in a Facebook post.
During the course of investigation, it was learned that the woman belonged to a locality in Aizawl and aged about 33, he said. She returned from Macau and landed in Aizawl’s Lengpui Airport on March 10.
She lied to the authority at Lengpui Airport claiming that she returned from Kolkata, Neihlaia said. The woman was arrested on Tuesday and booked under Sections 270/336/505 (1) (b) of the IPC.
Neihlaiha also said that a person, who spread fake news in the name of chief secretary, has also been arrested and was booked under Section 66 D of the IT Act and 505 (1) (b) of the IPC.
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?
- Govt draws flak over appointment of party worker as officer in CMO