Guwahati: As the world struggles with coronavirus pandemic, people from all walks of life have come ahead to donate in the time of crisis. Assam’s sprint queen Hima Das pledged to donate one month’s salary towards the state government’s relief fund.
Taking to Twitter, Das wrote, “Friends it’s high time to stand together & support people who need us. I am contributing 1 month of my salary to Assam Govt. in Assam Arogya Nidhi Account made to safeguard the health of people in the wake of Covid-19.”
An ace athlete, Das, along with the rest of the nation is now under lockdown. Earlier on Wednesday, she posted a video on Twitter appealing citizens to adhere to the lockdown. She was seen painting to kill time.
She wrote, “Discovering fun activities outside of the 400 meter track world, is how I am dealing with these uncertain times. We know we don’t have all the answers. But one thing is certain – together is how we’ll get through this. Stay home & stay safe.”
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion