Aizawl: Mizoram food, civil supplies and consumer affairs minister K Lalrinliana on Wednesday announced free ration to economically underprivileged families.
He said that BPL families, AAY and Priority Household Card Holders (Yellow and Red Cards) would be given fee ration during April to avoid starvation during nationwide lockdown amid the global coronavirus threat.
In a televised message on Wednesday, Lalrinliana reassured the people of the state government’s commitment to ensure uninterrupted supply of essential commodities in the state. He appealed to people to avoid unnecessary hoarding of essential commodities and appealed to traders not to hike prices.
He said that the government has adequate stock of rice and other essential commodities.
The minister also appealed to people to judiciously use all resources since the country face uncertain situation due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence
- Death toll due to dengue in UP’s Firozabad rises to 63
- Vital Signs: a simple way to cut carbon emissions don’t let polluters hide
- Lawyers abstain from work a day after shootout at Rohini court
- Kerala to open digital de-addiction centres for children addicted to online games
- APDCL cash-for-job scam: OSD among 11 people arrested