Aizawl: Mizoram government is making massive efforts to ensure that the state gets uninterrupted power supply during the fight against novel coronavirus, said power and electricity minister R Lalzirliana on Tuesday
He said that a detailed duty roster has been prepared for department staff and all power offices will remain open during the lockdown to avoid any interruption caused by irregular power supply.
Lalzirliana also said that all electric bill counters will remain shut due to restriction of public movement and advised consumers to pay bill online. He instructed all department staff to remain at their respective postings and be prepared to set out for help when called for.
According to the minister, the government would soon commence construction of Rs 465-crore hydro power project on Tuirini river in Saitual district to meet power requirement.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence