Bangalore: In a significant development, a 34-year-old man has tested positive for COVID-19 in Udupi city in the southwest state of Karnataka on Wednesday.
Confirming the development, sources in the state health department said that this is the first COVID-19 positive case in the district.
A press release issued by the district health and family welfare officer on Wednesday, said that the man had come from Dubai to Udupi district on March 18.
Soon after his arrival in the district from Dubai, he showed some symptoms of the disease and was immediately shifted to the district government hospital on March 23.
After conducting all necessary tests and other medication process since March 23, doctors attending him declared on Wednesday that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing
- Cops, ‘encroachers’ clash in Sipajhar: Assam govt orders judicial inquiry
- China calls for lifting sanctions on Taliban-controlled Afghanistan