New Delhi: India reported one more COVID-19 death in the wee hours of Wednesday from Tamil Nadu, taking the toll to 11. This is the first death recorded in the south Indian state due to the deadly virus.
A 54-year-old man infected with coronavirus died at Rajaji Hospital in Madurai. He reportedly had a medical history of prolonged illness with “uncontrolled diabetes”.
Tamil Nadu health minister C Vijayabaskar took to Twitter to announce the death of the COVID-19 positive patient. He twitted: “#update: Despite our best efforts, the #COVID19 +ve Pt at MDU, #RajajiHospital, passed away few minutes back. He had medical history of prolonged illness with steroid dependent COPD, uncontrolled Diabetes with Hypertension. @MoHFW_INDIA @CMOTamilNadu #Vijayabaskar”.
- World Contraception Day 2021: Why we must learn about contraception
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar