Itanagar: A major fire broke out at Kaying village near Kaying town in Siang district around 10.40 am on Wednesday.
Local officials said that 54 houses were gutted and 22 others partially damaged in the fire. There was no report of any casualty while a woman received minor injuries.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
The district administration constituted a committee headed by EAC Kaying to assess the loss and submit a report within 48 hours.
According to the laid down norms, Rs 1.62 lakh has been sanctioned by Siang district’s deputy commissioner as immediate relief.
The office of the Union minister of state for sports and youth affairs Kiren Rijiju said that relief should be provided immediately. Pasighat West MLA Ninong Ering donated Rs 1 lakh in cash and Rs 10 lakh worth of CGI sheets from his MLALAD fund.
Arunachal East MP Tapir Gao conveyed to the DC that he would be providing Rs 15 lakh for the Kaying fire victims.
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border
- IMA president: Lawsuit over Ayurveda remarks ‘design to harass doctors’