New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address to the nation on Tuesday night announced a country-wide lockdown for 21 days effective from midnight on Tuesday.
PM Modi said, “If we’re not able to manage the next 21 days, many families will be destroyed.” He said that while stressing on the need for social distancing.
In his second television address in a week’s time, the PM also assured that all measures are being taken to ensure smooth supply of essential commodities, and for the poor.
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing
- Cops, ‘encroachers’ clash in Sipajhar: Assam govt orders judicial inquiry
- China calls for lifting sanctions on Taliban-controlled Afghanistan
- Arunachal: Highway thrills for some, potholes & accidents for others
- Snatching accused shot at while trying to flee, say Assam Police
- Ex-gratia for kin of persons committing suicide in 30 days of being COVID positive: Centre to SC