New Delhi: A 65-year-old coronavirus patient passed away in Mumbai on Monday, taking the number of fatalities related to coronavirus to 10 in India.
The man was from UAE and was admitted to Kasturba Hospital.
India on Tuesday saw a spike in the total number of COVID-19 cases to 492. Gujarat’s total rose to 33, with two more people testing positive, while Maharashtra’s count went up to 101.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation at 8 pm on Tuesday to discuss aspects of the COVID-19 menace.
The government has suspended all domestic flights from Tuesday to stem the spread of coronavirus, stepping up a nationwide lockdown.
The pandemic has continued to spread globally, with the total number of infected cases reaching 381,761. As many as 16,558 people have died of COVID-19 so far.
- Nagaland: US Ambassador to India leads fight to end HIV/AIDS
- Immune health is all about balance; an immunologist explains why
- Nagaland: State Archives exhibits historical documents at Hornbill Festival
- Manipur: Kangpokpi becomes “liquor free” town as campaign kicks off
- Nagaland: Hornbill festival draws 16,446 visitors on Day-1
- Meghalaya: Water Heritage Fortnight celebrated in Shillong