Imphal: Although there are no reports of confirmed cases in Manipur till date, the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union (AMWJU) on Sunday announced banning of all kinds of press conferences/meet, public gathering at the Manipur Press Club in Imphal amid the global coronavirus threat.
Six resolutions were adopted during an emergency meeting held by AMWJU and the Editor’s Guild Manipur (EGM) at Manipur Press Club.
AMWJU, the apex body of the state media association, requested the state government to provide the list of panel members authorised to speak or participate in panel discussion or query by media houses related to COVID-19 issues in the state.
The union also advised reporters and correspondents to restrain from attending press meets called by any individual or organisations for their safety against COVID-19.
Moreover, media persons have been advised not to participate any media tour or pick-up programme for the time being to prevent transmitting of the deadly virus, if it spreads in the state.
The joint meeting also resolved to request the organisation or individual who intends to hold a press meet to self-record and send out press release or recorded visuals through either email or WhatsApp.
The authorised email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, whereas the WhatsApp number is 8974282214, said the statement.
All government press communication is requested to be sent through the directorate of information and public relation (DIPR) or the authorised mail/WhatsApp, it said.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence