Kohima: Amid coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, reports of racial profiling and discrimination have been reported across the world against Chinese and Asian communities, and people from the Northeast region of India have also been reportedly facing racial profiling and discrimination across few parts of the country due to their Mongoloid features.
Amid such reports, Nagaland Police has set up a control room at the Police Headquarters (PHQ) in Kohima to address matters relating to racial profiling, discrimination, and COVID-19 related issues, to ensure the safety of residents.
Confirming this to EastMojo, ADGP (Law and Order) Renchamo Kikon said that the state government pursued the matter seriously and that the Nagaland police has set up a control room at its headquarters in Kohima to address to any issue related to COVID-19.
He also mentioned that the chief secretary has highlighted the issue of racial profiling/discrimination to the Union cabinet secretary during the video conference held recently.
With reports of person (s) from Northeast facing racial profiling and discrimination, he said that their counterparts in other states are immediately contacted to ensure that corrective measures are taken.
He also said that the chief secretary has appealed all chief secretaries and DGPs from across the country to address such matters with necessary measures.
Meanwhile, in case of any such complaints, persons from Nagaland may contact the supervisory officer of the control room at +919436017743.
- Assam Govt to re-examine all TET teachers’ credentials
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18